PDA

View Full Version : Setting Proofing Languages

mikeatdss
04-23-2012, 12:13 PM
Hey Everyone!

I'm in a bit of a mess here. I am working on many documents that need to have English and Spanish proofing languages set.

For example, what I am doing so far is setting the document's default language to English, next, I am highlighting all the bold words in my document then setting the proofing language to Spanish. All the other non-bold words need to stay on English.

These documents are rather long.

Is there any way to automate some of this in VBA?

Thanks in advance for any ideas or advice on this!

Frosty
04-23-2012, 12:40 PM
Unless there is more to this puzzle, you don't need vba at all.

Click the "MORE" button on the Find/Replace dialog. There is a language option... you can search for Bold text and replace with Bold/Spanish text... and then click Replace All.

So the steps would be...
1. Open document
2. Select All
3. Change language to English
4. Do a Replace All on Bold formatting and replace with Bold/Spanish formatting.

Does that make sense?

mikeatdss
04-23-2012, 12:44 PM
Sorry, I am really clueless with this stuff, could you elaborate on your step 4? Is that a find and replace thing?

Thank you so much!

Frosty
04-23-2012, 12:47 PM
Yes, it's a find replace thing.

Press CTRL+H to bring up the Find/Replace dialog.
Click the More button
Click Format
Click Language

Does that help you along? You should test out some of these native options... understanding how find/replace works solves a lot of "can I have a macro?" questions.

mikeatdss
04-23-2012, 12:52 PM
No, I'm a bit lost on what to do after I click on Language.

How do I set all bold words to Spanish exactly?

Sorry, like I said, really bad with this stuff.

mikeatdss
04-23-2012, 12:55 PM
No wait! I got it! Wow! Thank you! :)

Frosty
04-23-2012, 01:18 PM
Oh good... I was about to have you type two sentences: I am really bad at this stuff. I am really bad at this stuff.

And then I was going to have you bold one of them, and guide you through the process ;)

Glad to help!