PDA

View Full Version : Complicated issue dealing with large file maintenance

jerryisgood
04-25-2012, 08:16 AM
Greetings.

I have an interesting issue. I have a 25,500 row Excel file that needs some serious maintenance. Basically each row contains about 104 columns - 4 are basic demographic fields (name, date, time, id number) - Then there are 20 events with four corresponding cells. So it reads . . .

A : D = Demographics
E : I = Event 1 and corresponding cells
J : N = Event 2 and corresponding cells
O: S= Event 3 and corresponding cells

and so on until Even 20 and its corresponding cells

So what I have to do is cycle through each row and look at each of the 20 events. I need to capture the demographics and all events (and corresponding cells) that have populated text "Action1" or "Action2" . . .

If column E has "Action1", J has "ActionX", and O has "Action3" I would need to worksheet 2 to be populated with

Demographics (for that row) , E:I (for that row) , O:S (for that row)

I would then need the code to move onto the next row and run the same calculations, adding demographics plus events and corresponding cells (Action1, Action2) to the next row in Sheet 2.

If NO Action1 or Action2 were recorded anywhere in the 20 events, NO Demographics would be recorded, it would move onto the next row.

Sheet 2 should be the same as sheet 1 minus all events and corresponding cells not related to Action1 or Action2. It would also remove all rows that had neither Action1 nor 2.

Please help?

Tinbendr
04-27-2012, 10:40 AM
Try this.