PDA

View Full Version : Edit hyperlink addresses in messages

krishnak
04-25-2012, 11:36 AM
Hi All,

I used VBA code available on the internet to strip attachments from emails and store them in a designated folder on the hard drive. I saved about 50 attachments from my emails.

When I open such a message in Outlook, I find the following at the top of the message body:

Attachment removed from the message and backup-ed to[C:\Documents and Settings\kkandala\My Documents\Email Attachments\ (file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/kkandala/My%20Documents/Email%20Attachments/)]:

PIData_TSS_2009_2010.xlsx (file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/kkandala/My%20Documents/Email%20Attachments/PIData_TSS_2009_2010.xlsx)When I click on the hyperlink for the folder address, the folder opens; similarly when I click on the file name, the file opens.

Now I want to redistribute the attachments in subfolders e.g. C:\Documents and Settings\kkandala\My Documents\Email Attachments\ (file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/kkandala/My%20Documents/Email%20Attachments/)Sent Mail\1H2011.

I can move the attachments manually from the existing location to the new location.

I want to edit the hyperlink addresses in the message body and they should open the folder and the attachment file from the changed location.

I have not done any VBA codes for Outlook; mostly I work on Excel.

Will anyone guide me how to go about with the macro? The macro should identify the existing hyperlink address text (for the folder), edit the text and then for both hyperlinks point to the new locations .

Thanks in advance