PDA

View Full Version : How to keep an excel file from being copied

ken
05-05-2012, 05:40 AM
I have an excel file that keeps scores on a contest I have yearly. Some friends have expressed they would like to use my scoring file, but I only want then to be able to use it one time, and not be able to copy it and keep the original file for future use.
I don't care if the numbers they enter are saved, I just what the file to be used one time.

Can anyone help me?

dazwm
05-05-2012, 01:11 PM
Are there codes and formulas in it then?

ken
05-05-2012, 05:59 PM
I have windows 7 and excel 2007, and the formulas are in the worksheets. So are you wanting me to send you something, or are you going to send me some codeing?

All I want to do is be able to give a person my scoring program, and have them be able to enter scores into it, and be able to save their information, but not be able to copy the program (file) to a disk, thumb drive, CD, or what ever. I want the copy or move disabled so that they can not keep using it over and over. I already have a program that will convert it to an EXE file, and I make make the file expire what I choose. But want to remove the copy from the file.

dazwm
05-05-2012, 11:19 PM
I really dont think this is possible. If they are able to 'save' the file, this is a form of copying.