PDA

View Full Version : Workbook Revision Update Onload?

nzeser
05-07-2012, 08:55 AM
Hello, I have an excel workbook that I've created with various forms, functions and data. I'd like for the user to be able to keep a copy of this workbook on their PC for use even when they do not have network access. However, the first thing I'd like the workbook to do is check for connection to the network (skip the next steps if the network is not found), then verify if the local copy of the workbook is older than the network copy, then update the local copy if the network copy is newer.

From various posts, I think I can grasp comparing cells and updating based upon those differences. Where I'm struggling is understanding how to perform the same thing for user forms, modules, etc... Maybe it's better not to even compare, but to just replace like I highlighted in the previous paragraph? Currently, I've created a batch file that runs once a day, to check for file updates, for the user to install on their local machine, but I'd rather find a way to do this when starting up the workbook. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Tinbendr
05-09-2012, 11:50 AM
Keep a template on the server and use something like this (http://vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9801) to update it.