PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Excessive Windows in VBE

Cyberdude
07-17-2005, 02:57 PM
This might not annoy you, but it sure bothers me. When I open the VB Editor by selecting a specific macro to view, I get anywhere from 1 to maybe 6 additional windows showing macros in the active workbook and in Personal.xls.
I haven't checked, but I imagine that each window contains a macro that is referred to by the macro I want to view. I would very much like to prevent that from happening. I just want to view the macro I asked for. Is there any way I can do that? :bug:

Bob Phillips
07-17-2005, 03:38 PM
Bit of a guees Dude, as I can't really envisage the problem, but check Tools>Options>General, and ensure that 'Collapse Proj. Hides Windows' is checked.

BlueCactus
07-17-2005, 03:45 PM
Cyberdude, I understand your pain. I had a workbook that would open up about 30 windows and forms everytime I went to VBE. No matter how many times I closed them, or collapsed the project, they would always reopen next time. Some of them would open larger than the screen, just to be extra annoying. A simultaneous problem was that when you'd select a control on a form, and click on anything in the properties window, a different window would jump to the top, and the property for an entirely different control would be edited.

I wish I could suggest a fix. One day (after about three weeks) Excel crashed on me and Win XP gave me the blue screen of death. When I rebooted, everything was magically fixed.

Cyberdude
07-18-2005, 10:43 AM
Hey, Blue, sounds like you're on to a solution. Now if I could just figure out how to force the blue screen of death. It somehow doesn't seem like a cool fix the more I think about it. Oh, well, at least I know I'm not the only one to suffer.
Xld, how is it that you have escaped this torment?? I suppose I'll just file this in the the same place I filed the not being able to use mouse wheel scrolling in the VBE.
Thanx for the replies, guys. :beerchug:

MOS MASTER
07-18-2005, 11:47 AM
I suppose I'll just file this in the the same place I filed the not being able to use mouse wheel scrolling in the VBE.

Hi, :yes

MS only made the scrolling in VBE window available to certain mouses. (In perticular those made by MS)

But no worries I've been using this free ware app:
http://www.gasanov.net/VBScroll.htm for years and I can scroll with whatever mouse I want now.

So this should bring your list down for yah.

HTH, :whistle:

Bob Phillips
07-18-2005, 12:20 PM
Xld, how is it that you have escaped this torment??

God smiles on the righteous :devil:

I suppose I'll just file this in the the same place I filed the not being able to use mouse wheel scrolling in the VBE.

Do you have an Intellipoint mouse perchance. Apparently it works with version 4 of the driver software, not version 5. if so the solution is to regress. .script12hide { display: none; }

Cyberdude
07-19-2005, 04:34 PM
MS only made the scrolling in VBE window available to certain mouses. (In perticular those made by MS)

But no worries I've been using this free ware app:
http://www.gasanov.net/VBScroll.htm for years and I can scroll with whatever mouse I want now.

Migawd, MOS, you wouldn't believe how long I've searched for a solution to the mouse wheel scrolling in VBE. And in my searches, I've run across a lot of others who have been just as mystified (and annoyed). I just downloaded VBScroll, and it works perfectly! Thanks a load, guy! :friends:

xCav8r
07-19-2005, 07:42 PM
On the window opening deal, just leave your windows maximized, and you won't see this as often. On the mouse scroll thingee, I've been using a Microsoft Intellipoint for years (always with up-to-date drivers), but I've had to use the VB scroll tool as well.

Greg T
07-20-2005, 12:40 PM
The Freewheel freeware (http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/2060/freewheel.html (http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/2060/freewheel.html)) also fixes the VBE scrolling issue.

As for the windows no brilliant fix in my pocket, though I suppose one could code one up. For my Personal WB and all of the various Add-In's I've written for myself, I simply locked the projects for viewing and assigned a password. Keeps the clutter down to just open WB's with projects. And as xld has already stated the hide on collapse option also helps as it makes it easy to quickly close all of the windows for projects you're not interested in currently editing.

MOS MASTER
07-20-2005, 01:12 PM
Migawd, MOS, you wouldn't believe how long I've searched for a solution to the mouse wheel scrolling in VBE. And in my searches, I've run across a lot of others who have been just as mystified (and annoyed). I just downloaded VBScroll, and it works perfectly! Thanks a load, guy! :friends:

Glad your happy. You're welcome! :beerchug: