PDA

View Full Version : New here: I have som questions about Excel and VBA

persson121
05-09-2012, 07:23 AM
Hello. Im new here and I have som questions about excel and VBA.

1. How can i use the VBA in excel? I have turn on "Developer tab" and that works. But not the Visual Basic icon. It's grey and dosen't have a function yet. How can i turn it on so i can use it?

2. I have about 100 lists with numbers only. I would like to make a line graph with these numbers. In Y-axis i have the numbers, and in X-axis i have time in numbers.
But image that I have mutch data and i need to "zoom" out. Then the line graph will change from this:

mathgoodies(.)com/lessons/graphs/images/line_example1.jpg

to this:
mathgoodies(.)com/lessons/graphs/images/line_example3.jpg

Can excel do that? If i want to zoom in, all month numbers in x-axis will disappear and it will stand days insted of it. And if i zoom in more, it will stand hours and minuts. The Y-axis will also change.
Do you understand what im talking about?

I don't want to have this on x-axis if i zoom out to monthmode
"Jan day1 day 2 day3 day4......Feb day1 day2 day3 day4.....Mar"'

If i zoom out to monthmode i want this:
"Jan Feb Mar Apr"
If i zoom in to weekmode i want this:
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri.....

I don't have time to make list for month and days and weeks. The list is a hole complete with Day1_Jan_2012_numbers.txt (this is y-axis)
and Day1_Jan_2012_time.txt (this is x-axis) and i think that the excel will read everything and if i want to look that month, I just scroll in and if i want to look at hours, I scroll in more and the line graph will change with every scroll i make.

- Persson121