PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Condtional format but if Cell next displays "Y", conditional colour should Green

WYLIE
05-18-2012, 03:48 AM
* Typo in the header please read below
Condtional format but if Cell next displays "Y" condtionalColour should be green

Hi

I'm using conditional formatting as a "traffic lights" system referring to a chase date of post we are waiting to receive from a client.

My aim is to use colour green as green as received when "Y" is entered in column H

And

IF the cell(s) in column H does not contain "Y" display AMBER colour as waiting or RED Colour if the (Chase) date has passed.

NB 1: Please find attached the template I am using; Personal information has been deleted from spreadsheet.

NB 2: I can use simple date conditional format but comparing with another cell I am having difficulty with.

Thankyou for looking at my query

Bob Phillips
05-18-2012, 08:00 AM
Your condition for green is messed up, it has been transcribed as

="IF($H$15=""Y"")"

and should actually be

=$H11="Y"

On my system, Excel 2010, all tests are showing as Stop if true, and as the green tests is second, it can stop on the red. I can't remember how 2003 CF shows, but I would do the green test first of all.

WYLIE
05-22-2012, 01:09 AM
Thank you for assistance, if you have the condition =$H11="Y" as first condition it works fine, I think that’s what I have done, therefore the other conditions have overridden this one.

Most importantly it works :)