PDA

View Full Version : Excel 2010 VBA Insert new row changes formula

fondauk
05-21-2012, 01:15 AM
Hi all,

I have a workbook that has a set of columns whereby a user will enter monthly estimated amounts, and a cell in the same row which totals those columns. The monthly cells are unprotected, all other cells on the worksheet are protected, but with no password

Using the Table Total rows, each column is then summed.

I have a macro that allows the user to add a row to the table when required.

All works fine in 2007, but one user has now moved to 2010 and the macro, or something else is changing the formula in the protected cell

The monthly cells are in columns N:AE, staring at row 4 downwards

The total formula is in column L, =SUM(N4:AE4)

When using in Excel 2010 and the "Add row" macro is run, the formula in the first row (row 4) is amended to =SUM(A4:AE5)

The first time a row is added, the formula in L6 is would be =SUM(N6:AE7)

New rows added will then sum the values in the new row and include the values in the table "Total row"

A manual workaround is to unprotect the worksheet and amend the formula in the first row, and formulas below will be updated....

The macro identifies the worksheet the "InsertRow" macro is called from, assigned the the name of the ListObject on the worksheet to a ListObject object and uses the .ListRows.Add code

Any ideas people?

Bob Phillips
05-21-2012, 02:15 AM
Can you post the workbook with that code? I have 2010 that I can test it with.

fondauk
05-21-2012, 07:13 AM
I Cannot upload the actual file due to client restrictions, but a version is attached. I have managed to recreate the problem on a machine using Excel 2010

Bob Phillips
05-21-2012, 08:25 AM
I don't get a problem, =SUM(N6:AE6)

fondauk
05-22-2012, 07:21 AM
ok thanks. I have now managed to get the same problem recreated on five different machines with MS 2010 installed. I may have to think of another method for adding rows