PDA

View Full Version : Converting conditional format to permanent and reference to shapes

PariD
05-26-2012, 04:59 AM
Hi!!! I am a novice at VBA and the codes that I have so far are from recording macros and then making minor adjustments with some help from forums such as this one.

I am working on a timelines project which requires color coding using conditional formatting. To explain in detail, there are broadly 3 main objectives;

1. Assign legend colors to cells basis certain conditions. - I have already written the code where the user defines the cell color, font color and cell height on one sheet which is referenced by another sheet and the color coding is being done successfully. This may be useful to other users as the code is ready and tested.

2. Make the conditional formats permanent - I have tried using the code available at vbaexpress/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=190 but it is not working as desired.

3. Converting colored cells to shapes with corresponding size, font color and background color. - This is required for creating ppts

I have attached a sample file which has detailed comments. Looking forward to your help.

Thanks, Pari