PDA

View Full Version : match or vlookup help

wilg
05-28-2012, 08:02 PM
Hi there, this is a formula question as opposed to vba but I needed some help...

I have 3 columns with info from a schedule on it.
I want a formula for if column A has the word "center" on any row above from row 7 and on then the cells below will remain "" or blank.
The same with column B and C. If the word center is in column A then the rows and columns below will be "" blank.

I dont quite understand if vlookup or match will work for this instance for me?

Any help or direction is appreciated.

Bob Phillips
05-29-2012, 01:04 AM
What will they hold in the opposite case?

Any chance of an example/workbook?

wilg
05-30-2012, 06:13 PM
Sorry for delay..
I'm not sure what you mean by opposite case?

to simplify maybe what I'm trying to say is..

if row 4 as eg has the word "Center" from a ref from another cell, then all rows below that which has the same formula will be blank rather than what the formula would have resulted.

I hope that explains a little further.

I'm unable to attach my workbook due to confidentiality reasons, but if need further can create a simplified eg..

Aussiebear
05-31-2012, 12:19 AM
Always best to upload a sample file, as this rules out any ambiguity is the verbal description.

BrianMH
05-31-2012, 12:24 AM
You can always make a workbook with fake information to help clarify the situation.

Bob Phillips
05-31-2012, 12:41 AM
BY opposite case, I mean what do you want returned in each row that does not meet those conditions.

Please create an obfuscated workbook, with before and after data, I am struggling a bit with this.

wilg
06-01-2012, 07:34 AM
Hi guys, I have attached a very crude example of what I need. I know there is other ways to move my info on the sheet but my example is just the example of something different.

I hope this clears up a little of what I need.

Thanks.