PDA

View Full Version : Printing Macros

phils70
05-29-2012, 07:05 AM
Hi

I have a document that consists of a covering letter followed by x amount of pages off billing invoices, this is for each client and the document can contain letter & invoices for many clients.

so what i would like to do is write a macro that send the covering letter to try1 (headed paper) and the invoices to tray2 (draft paper). and do this for all clients.

so i end up with all my covering letters printed on headed paper and all the invoices printed on draft paper for all the clients in the document.

I have macros that send the first page to one try and all the rest to another but none that can send specific pages to specific trays.

Is this even possible?

Frosty
05-29-2012, 11:09 AM
No, it's not possible to send specific pages to specific trays. If you do searches on the concept of "Pages" within Word you will get a lot of info from the site and others about how it works.

You *can* send specific *sections* to specific trays (and the first page of a specific section as well as the "other" pages of the section to different trays).

You don't need a macro to do this... you simply need to insert a section break between your Cover letter and the billing invoices, and then set up the document to print accordingly.

It's not really possible to give you a macro which does this, as the actual settings are depending on the printer you are using. Try the following process...

1. Insert a Next Page section break right at the end of your Cover Letter.
2. With your cursor in the first section (cover letter), do your Page Setup and set up the appropriate trays, taking careful note not to apply your changes to the "Whole Document" but rather to "This Section."
3. With your cursor in the 2nd section (billing invoices), do your page set up, setting up the appropriate trays, again paying attention to the "Apply To" box so that you apply the settings to the appropriate section.

If you want, you can set up a dummy document (no client-specific data posted on the internet, please) and describe what problems you are having.

Hope the above helps. Please post more questions as you try the above process.