PDA

View Full Version : VB+Excel help

blueSee72
06-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Hi all,

I am a newbie and desperately need some help. I really hope that one of you can help me here.
I'm writing a code where I want to go through a lot of folders and look for one. Xls file and from that file I want to present the results in another xls file.
So far I've managed to go through all folders and print the name of the folders that have the target file and write it in the new xls sheet.
Information that I want to retrieve from the target file are from column A, B, I, row 11 and sheet 4.
The list of information to be retrieved is long, approximately 200 rows. The result excel file contains the header in column A, B and I and the data stored in each column. Then I want to be able to go through all the folders that particular xcel file, and retrieve data from the same columns and present them in the new file called "summering".

I really appriciate your help. I am stucked right now :(
Cheers
B

Bob Phillips
06-03-2012, 03:28 PM
What determines whicj=h of all those files is the right one?

GTO
06-03-2012, 03:42 PM
Greetings B,

I see that you just joined. Welcome to vbaexpress! I am sure that in addition to getting great answers here, you will also be glad you joined because there are nice folks here and it is fun!

Now as to your current issue, I think I understand that we are looking for certain headers in the source workbooks, but we need to know the sheetname(s) to retrieve from.

Irregardless of that, I think that the most effective way of getting a good answer would be to provide the workbook with the code, as well as a couple of sample source workbooks. If there are ANY differences in the layout/structure of the various source workbooks, then an example of each.

If the source workbooks have any sensitive data, of course remove that, but we need to see the same kind of data (strings, numbers, dates, whatever).

So, I would suggest zipping the code workbook and the example source workbook(s) (all in .xls format!) and attaching to your next post, so that we can better see what it is we're doing.

Again, welcome here :-)

Mark