Car Seals
Check Valve
Operator Rounds
Flame Arrester
Secondary Containment
Other
"" <----Blank
=======================
I want to use SumProduct to count it but exclude some of the items. The items that I want to omit are N/A and "". So, I thought that to use not = (<>), but how do I do that in SumProduct?

Thanks

Opv
06-06-2012, 07:51 AM
I have a list of items call Safeguards in column U:
Safeguards
N/A
High Level S/D
Low Level S/D
High Pressure S/D
Low Pressure S/D
High Temperature S/D
Low Temperature S/D
PSV
Fire S/D
Gas S/D
Flame Fail S/D
Automatic Call Out
Car Seals
Check Valve
Operator Rounds
Flame Arrester
Secondary Containment
Other
"" <----Blank
=======================
I want to use SumProduct to count it but exclude some of the items. The items that I want to omit are N/A and "". So, I thought that to use not = (<>), but how do I do that in SumProduct?

Thanks
You will need to change the range as needed.

{=SUMPRODUCT(--(U2:U20<>"N/A"),--(U2:U20<>""""""))}

JKwan
06-06-2012, 08:23 AM
Thank you for the help.
The only thing that needs to be changed was the blank. You had "too many quotes". All that need was "".

Opv
06-06-2012, 08:30 AM
Thank you for the help.
The only thing that needs to be changed was the blank. You had "too many quotes". All that need was "".
Yes, I guess I took your example too literally. I presumed you actually had the quotation marks in the cells and wrote the formula accordingly. Reading your original post more closely, I can see you meant the cells are blank. You don't need all of the quotes when the cells are empty. Sorry about that.

JKwan
06-06-2012, 08:33 AM
I only put quotes around it to show that it is part of my criteria..... Otherwise, when people look at it, they may just ignore it being blank. Nonetheless, it was a very simple fix on my part, you did the tough work!
Thanks.

Opv
06-06-2012, 08:35 AM
I only put quotes around it to show that it is part of my criteria..... Otherwise, when people look at it, they may just ignore it being blank. Nonetheless, it was a very simple fix on my part, you did the tough work!
Thanks.

I'm glad you got it to work.