PDA

View Full Version : Copy excel rows into word table

gn1664
06-17-2012, 12:39 PM
Hi

I have some experience in using Excel but I have little experience in using VBA.

I am trying to find a way to copy rows of data from a Excel 2007 spreadsheet into a table in a Word document using VBA.

There are 10 columns in the spreadsheet but the number of rows could vary from between 1 to 30 each time it is created. There are also 5 rows of report information above the data, which I would want to ignore so the range that I want to copy is A6 to J?.

I have found various posts which discuss ways to copy data from Excel to Word , but nothing quite fits with what I am trying to do.

I would appreciate any guidance on how to do this.

GN1664

macropod
06-22-2012, 08:58 PM
Hi GN1664,

The first thing you have to decide is which application you want to run this process from. Then you need to decide whether the code is to reside in the same file as the input/output data, or in some other file. You've provided some details about how the source data's range might be identified, but how is the destination range defined?

Only when you've answered these questions can a start be made on the actual programming.