PDA

View Full Version : Solved: A question about Access 2010 Compatability

DBinPhilly
07-02-2012, 08:13 AM
A user is trying to load MS Access 2010 on a workstation running under Windows XP with Service Pack 3. They have been using MS Access 2003.

It is my understanding that this should work, but the program crashed as it loaded. He took the CD back to the store and got another CD, but that, too crashed upon loading.

Does anyone see a problem that might be solvable? This really should be doable.

There are three workstations - all Windows XP SP3 and I don't want them to load any more till this first problem is resolved.

stanl
07-02-2012, 02:16 PM
\

Well.... :devil2: I assume they are not trying to load the same CD in serveral places (unless it is a Server distro). Curious if you would post the error message.

DBinPhilly
07-02-2012, 02:44 PM
No, single workstation - it deleted the Access 2003 in the loading process, so they weren't going to try the install on a 2nd machine and lose their Access 2003 on that one. By now, their DVD's for 2003 are long gone.

DBinPhilly
07-19-2012, 11:57 AM
A user is trying to load MS Access 2010 on a workstation running under Windows XP with Service Pack 3. They have been using MS Access 2003.

It is my understanding that this should work, but the program crashed as it loaded. He took the CD back to the store and got another CD, but that, too crashed upon loading.

There are three workstations - all Windows XP SP3 and I don't want them to load any more till this first problem is resolved.

The answer was that the Windows Installer had a bug in it. We had to jump through some hoops to fix the registry to allow the Installer to install the program. It was not the DVD nor was it Windows XP that was the problem.