PDA

View Full Version : Macro to update Sheet2 based on Sheet1

eversharp
07-19-2012, 09:14 AM
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster....

I have a relatively simple task (I hope).

One workbook, two sheets (Sheet1 and Sheet2)

Sheet 1 has a dropdown Data Validation list that has 30 options.

The user will choose an option from the dropdown list.

Then they will enter data horizonally in cells C9 through Z9 (24 cells).

I then want to put a button at the top of Sheet1 which when clicked will run a Macro that will take what they put in C9 through Z9 and update data on Sheet2 based on that (plus what they chose in the drop down on Sheet1).

For example, user on Sheet1 chooses "7" on the drop down, and then enters the value "4000" in cell C9 and "5000" in C10

When the macro button is clicked, I need the value of "4000" and "5000" to be updated in Sheet2 in the correct place.

In Sheet2, Column C there is all the values that the user could've possibly chosen in the Drop Down on Sheet 1.

So the correct place would be Sheet2, Column C = "What user chose from dropdown", and then also lookup the other way, and if they put 4000 in C9, it should go proper column.

Attached is a photo of exactly what I'm trying to do. The photo shows Sheet 1 and the button, which would need to update Sheet 2 appropriately.

Thanks for any guidance!

eversharp
07-20-2012, 07:27 AM
Any insight on this one? Should I explain better?

To really break it down, I think I just need syntax to copy data from one sheet to another, but in a certain area on the second sheet based on rows/columns...

patel
07-21-2012, 08:55 AM
can you attach your file ?