PDA

View Full Version : Automatically fill cell when data entered in another sheet

tcy0330
07-25-2012, 01:25 PM
Hi all,

I could use a bit of help here.

I have a file with a master list of data, titled "Values." In this sheet, I have specific identifying columns - Building #, Floor # and Unit. (Columns B, C and D, respectively). This sheet contains information for all units on all floors in 5 different buildings.

I then have separate sheets for each separate building, with all the same column headings.

What I want to do is have the column for "sale price" sheets for the individual building autofill when a price is entered in to the "Values" sheet [column F is sale price].

I know I could use a VLOOKUP, but I would like a macro for this, unless someone can give me a good solution. My problem is that I (and others) will be sorting the data in the sheets based on multiple factors. For example, I may want to sort by the units in a building (i.e. price for each "A" unit) or by floors (all units on 5th floor) or, on the master sheet, an advance search by first building, then floor, etc... I'm also concerned about someone using the sheet and deleting the vlookup formula in the columns!

Is there a way to do this? Does my description make sense?

See the attached file...

Thanks for all the help!

tcy0330
07-25-2012, 04:13 PM
I am not sure if I was clear in my question, but maybe I am missing something with your macro.

What I am looking for is to be able to enter a value for sales price (column F) in sheet 1 "Values" and have that automatically fill in the sale price in a separate sheet (which corresponds to the building I am working with). For example, F7 is building 400, Floor 1, Unit C. If someone enters a value in F7, can I get that to automatically fill in on the sheet titled "400" in the row with floor 1, unit 7? I'm imagining the macro has to identify 3 values (building, floor, unit) and then find the book and row. Is this possible?