PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice

Kicker
07-28-2012, 09:45 AM
Years ago (15?), I created a program in VB6 using the MS Jet engine and mdb tables. It has never been updated and I haven't looked at the program for several years. The program is being used at 5 different businesses in the local area and there just haven't been any problems.

I am now being asked by another organization to "commercialize" it to sell with a program they are offering around the country. A very successful program I might add. It could mean upwards of 25 sales a year for at least 5 years (and I would suspect much longer)

I have never loaded or used VB.net. However, I have had several close friends tell me that is the way I should proceed.

Since I have been around this forum for many years, I have learned to appreciate and respect comments received here. Do I dust off the "old" VB6 or do I transition to VB.net? Or, do I use MS Access and publish to an executable? I use VBA at work (Access and Excel) on a daily basis and am very familiar with it. I have just never published anything.

Your ideas and comments would be appreciated.

madelinekim
09-04-2012, 04:57 AM
Well, VB.Net is also good option for you. It will offer great features like automatic control anchoring, place menu editor and the docking. With the help of this programming you will able to create good applications. It also support language features such as polymorphism, inheritance and the encapsulation.