PDA

View Full Version : Macro for sending emails to give classification prefix options to the subject line

jimmym
07-31-2012, 05:04 AM
Hi,
At my work we use Microsoft Outlook 2003 for emails. We've had a request from management to use a prefix in our email subject line, to denote the classification of the email's content as one of: Internal, Confidential, Secret.
What I would like to do is use a VBA Macro to generate a pop-up radio button dialog box when the user hits the "Send" email button, such that the pop-up forces the user to select one of the options from: "None","Internal","Confidential","Secret".
Once chosen, the user clicks "OK" then the email subject is prefixed with the selected word, and the email is sent.
To be able to default the radio button to "Internal" would be useful. I've attached a sample below of what I had in mind. The main reason for this macro is that it stops people forgetting to put the appropriate choice in, as it forces a user response before sending the email.
Many thanks,
James.

Select Email Classification @Internal OConfidential OSecret OK

JP2112
08-06-2012, 07:27 AM
I posted an answer to a very similar question here: http://stackoverflow.com/q/7711975/190829

Although that code appends the classification to the end, instead of the beginning.

jimmym
08-17-2012, 06:17 AM
From one Jimmy to another many thanks for your help - very much appreciated!

dreamshy
03-11-2013, 12:19 AM
request the attachment mentioned by jimmy