PDA

View Full Version : Invoice Processing

Shums
08-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Hi All,

My main intention to create this automated Invoice processing in excel VBA to help all small retail business owner who can't afford to implement/purchase of expensive applications to record their sales, to control their inventory, to process quote for their customers and to produce their invoices.

Attached is the raw sample file.

I would request all the moderators to join our hands together to get this going.

Following are the sheet tabs:
1. Home Page
2. Customer's List
3. Product's List
4. Quotation
5. Invoicing
6. Sales

1. Home Page they can access all the sheet tabs.

2. Customer's List is their customer's database.

3. Product's List is their inventory.

4. Quotation: I would like this to be automated as per following requirement:
4a) If any new user find's difficult to memorize Customer's Code or Product Code, they must have msg box to find necessary field in their particular sheet tab.
4b) Once User found Customer's Code and Product's Code, they must have next msg box to add quantity, then another msg box to add this details to current quotation after adding this entry at B11, they must have another msg box asking to add next entry if any. Please advice of having all these options in one userform or msg box will be great. It must go on till he/she completes full requirement of any customer.
4c) Once quotation is complete, user must have 2 options; one to save and 2nd to print.

5. Invoicing: I would like this to be automated as per following requirement:
5a) User must have option to prepare invoice as per quotation saved.
5b) User must have option to record this invoice in their sales.
5c) User must have option to process new invoice, which must first record current invoice in their sales, then clear the content of this sheet tab of invoicing.
5d) Again user must have two options; one to save and 2nd to print.

6. Sales tab must have all the recorded invoices to give out accurate sales.

Overall these process must also effect their inventory system too.

I am missing one most important thing, once goods received they must have option to add up in their inventory list.

If any advice and suggestion, please add up your comments.

Thanking You in advance.

Bob Phillips
08-06-2012, 01:21 AM
So you are asking us to create a product that has commercial value to you?

Tinbendr
08-06-2012, 10:57 AM
Shouldn't this be in the Project message area?

I just can't help but think that with all the templates out there covering this project, that you could find an affordable package for them.

Suggestions:

I would move the buttons to the top row so when you move down the page, they don't scroll out of sight.
Separate the Order/details from each other. Use the userform to collect the data, and a blank template sheet for printing.

Shums
08-08-2012, 11:24 AM
Hi XLD sir,

Myself and god knows I have no intention to use this as commercial.

I want to learn more excel vba to become like you all, this concept was just in my mind to create in excel, I am still novice about vba code unless someone helps me.

I am still requesting you all, please help me to create such invoicing in excel.

Thanking you in advance.

Shums
08-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Hi David,

Welcome back and thank you again.

Sorry for late reply, I was out of town.

You were right about buttons to put on top that I already did. About User Form, I have no idea to do it.

I did order form template by using data validation, once order form is ready, I want this to be saved in particular directory, later which will we can pull any particular order to process its invoice. I have no idea about vba to incorporate this logic.

Any idea or advice please share....