PDA

View Full Version : VBA Code to export Excel to OVERWRITE an EXISTING PowerPoint

rick_tiger
08-06-2012, 01:05 AM
Hi all,
I need help! Can anyone tell me how to edit this code so that I can export data I have in Excel to an exisiting PowerPoint file, i.e, I do not want to simply add additional powerpoint slides to an exisiting powerpoint slide package.
Thanks!!
Richard

Sub ExportToPPT()
Dim ActFileName As Variant
Dim ScaleFactor As Single
On Error GoTo ErrorHandling
ActFileName = Application.GetOpenFilename("Microsoft PowerPoint-Files (*.ppt), *.ppt")
ScaleFactor = Range("myScaleFactor").Value
Set PP = CreateObject("Powerpoint.Application")
If ActFileName = False Then
PP.Activate
PP.Presentations.Add
Set PP_File = PP.ActivePresentation
Else
PP.Activate
Set PP_File = PP.Presentations.Open(ActFileName)
End If
PP.Visible = True
CopyandPastetoPPT "myDashboard01", Range("myInputStartTitles").Offset(1, 0).Value, ScaleFactor, ScaleFactor
CopyandPastetoPPT "myDashboard02", Range("myInputStartTitles").Offset(2, 0).Value, ScaleFactor, ScaleFactor
CopyandPastetoPPT "myDashboard03", Range("myInputStartTitles").Offset(3, 0).Value, ScaleFactor, ScaleFactor
Set PP_Slide = Nothing
Set PP_File = Nothing
Set PP = Nothing
Worksheets(1).Activate
Exit Sub
ErrorHandling:
Set PP_Slide = Nothing
Set PP_File = Nothing
Set PP = Nothing
MsgBox "Error No.: " & Err.Number & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & "Description: " & Err.Description, vbCritical, "Error"
End Sub

Kenneth Hobs
08-06-2012, 05:25 AM
Welcome to the forum! Please paste code between VBA code tags. That is a nice feature in this forum. Others just use the CODE tags for code.

You can get an example XLS file at ExcelForum (http://www.excelforum.com/excel-programming-vba-macros/678426-copy-all-sheets-to-an-existing-powerpoint-template.html?p=2884061). Rick probably guessed that I hang out here more than some other forums. If I get time at lunch today or after work, I will look into this if no one here solves it by then.

rick_tiger
08-06-2012, 03:41 PM
I thought I would follow up on my intital post to help clarify my issue.

I've attached an excel file with code which exports data to PowerPoint (please note I came across this file whilst searching the internet for a possible solution to my problem).

The code currently exports the excel data to new slides at the end of my existing PowerPoint file. I would rather the export commence on slide 1 of my PowerPoint file and then continue to populate the existing slides I already have,i.e ranges 1, 2 & 3 get exported to slides 1, 2 and 3 respectively (I have 65 ranges to export to their own PowerPoint slide, resulting in 65 PowerPoint slides).