PDA

View Full Version : Solved: how to make shipping label with picture

Mexx
08-08-2012, 07:58 AM
Dear Forum users,

I made a list of all kind of important data concerning 300 spareparts, witch i would like to make into a shippinglabel (A6 Format). making a label out of this data is no problem however i also want to include the picture of the part witch is stored in the Excel sheet as a hyperlink.

So here is my question how do i get the hyperlink to open in the word label ?

Many thanks in advance for any help

I run a non comercial version of excel 2010

Teeroy
08-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Hi Mexx,

There's not enough detail to give you a solution but assuming the shippinglabel will be a separate sheet in the workbook you could do something like the following, where "Check" is replaced by a unique identifier (such as the part number). The example loops through the shapes(images) and checks for the unique identifier in the cell before (left column) the top left corner of the image to find the one you want and copy it.

Sub InsertImage()

Dim sImage As Shape

For Each sImage In ActiveSheet.Shapes
If sImage.TopLeftCell.Offset(0, -1).Value = "Check" Then
sImage.Copy
Sheets("sheet2").Range("A1").PasteSpecial
End If
Next
End Sub
Hope this helps.

Mexx
08-08-2012, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the quick reply i will test this today :bow:

Mexx
08-11-2012, 10:31 AM
it does not do excacly what i want but it put me on the right track so i close it for now, and i hope for some future help if needed

Many thanks

Frans(mexx):bow:

Mexx
08-12-2012, 11:19 AM
my coworker fixt the problem, there is a bug in MS word 2010 concerning the mail merge, for some reason Alt+F9 does not work in word2010. therefore i start by saving a word document in 2003 (.doc) then i can see the mailmerge field code, and then i can make my label. finish it of with Contol+a and the a single F9 and voila 300 labels with pictures from my database.

Thanks again for putting me on the right track and the enormous welth of information on the forum. Keep up the good work, and my eyes are open so there will be more:rotlaugh: