PDA

View Full Version : System Error &H80004005 (-2147467259) Unspecified Error

ioncila
08-16-2012, 03:28 AM
Hi
I don't know if this is the right place to get help for this, but I'm starting to panic.

Today I got this error (in title) while open some workbooks with macros. I have googled for a solution but any tip I found didn't help me at all (some suggest to delete files, or remove userforms, or uninstall Office (!!!)).

Information that may be important:
1. Some workbooks open and work with no problems (including some that open with userform popup)
2. Last night, when closing computer, windows updates were made. Today morning computer started very slowly.
3. It's the first time this happens to me and until last night all files were working normally.

So if you please, I'm begging an urgent help.
Thanks in advance
Ioncila

ioncila
08-16-2012, 04:30 AM
Hi
NEW Information:
While trying to discover what is wrong, I have found this file in VBA Project Window: atpvbaen.xls(ATPVBAEN.XLAM).
This file is not mine and needs a password.
Thus, it's a.xls extension and I'm working with Excel2007.
Is it a virus?

Thanks
Ioncila

mancubus
08-16-2012, 07:43 AM
hi,

dont know what causes your problem but nothing wrong with ATPVBAEN.XLAM. it's vba version of Analysis Toolpak...

follow:
office button, options, add-ins
in order to see the options...

Jan Karel Pieterse
08-16-2012, 07:43 AM
It is the ANalysis toolpak add-in (VBA), which you can uncheck in your list of Add-ins from Excel's File (Office button), Options, Add-ins.

ioncila
08-16-2012, 08:11 AM
Hi
Ok, now I know what is that. It appears in project explorer, as well as FUNCRES.XLAM, because they were checked in the addins list.

But the principal issue remains:
I can't manage workbooks because when opening they return an "Automation Error: Unspecified Error" or the error in title.
Now I realize that workbooks that open with no problems can't be saved.
I'm about to believe that is related to the last night Office updates (including service pack 3). - See the attached picture.

Could this be the reason?
If yes, do I uninstall SP3 (Office 2007)?
Any alternative?

Thanks in Advance
Ioncila

snb
08-16-2012, 08:32 AM
I found a similar cry for help on a Dutch forum.
The windows update seems to be the culprit. You have to blame them and let them rescue you instead of trying to solve it yourself.

ioncila
08-16-2012, 09:38 AM
Hi
It was the windows update.
I solved it by restarting computer in a restore point before the update.
Then I have changed windows update preferences to not automatically update (tranfer updates and ask permission to install).
And now it works perfectly.

I think I will wait for some feedback from Microsoft before reinstall these updates (specially office service pack 3).
Am I choosing a good option?

Somehow, it's very strange to me other people not claim this issue. All computers here were affected.

Thanks
Ioncila