PDA

View Full Version : Simple data entry form

dustmaker
08-22-2012, 03:03 PM
I use to be pretty good with old Lotus macros, but when the world went to Excel and visual basic, it left me behind and I've been trying to avoid VBA for 15 years.

However, now I am faced with trying to create a simple input screen and I find I lack the basic skills to do this. I've built an input form with data validation fields, vlookups and formulas that change the fill color of certain cells based on date enterred, but I want apply a simple VBA which will make the cursor move to the right when the person hits enter. I know this is very basic but I've search this site for two hours and I can't find the information I need to build this simple input document. I want the VBA to wait for a user to enter something in a cell and press enter.

The complication I've added to my spreadsheet is that the sheet is protected and I only want the person to move to the next nonprotected cell and once they reach the last non protected cell on a row (column J), I want the cursor to move down one row and 9 rows to the left and repeat.

I want this VBA to start when the spread sheet is opened.

Can some one provide me with some basic code to achieve this simple form.

I thank you in advance for any guidance you can provide.

DustMaker

dustmaker
08-23-2012, 01:02 PM
Sorry - I posted this in the wrong area.

Can some one delete this for me as I have reposted it under Excel?