PDA

View Full Version : DIFFERENT FOOTER LAST PAGE

Greg
08-29-2012, 04:08 AM
Dear all, I recently followed the advice in the link below and combined it with equation editor to achieve an excellent outcome whereby the footer on the last page of my document is different to all of the other pages (or nonexistent).

http://legalofficeguru.com/different-footer-on-last-page/

This is important for affidavits and Wills where each page requires a signature but the signing position on the last page is completely different to all the other pages.

However, if I put a section break into my document no amount of fiddling with the field codes will give me the same result. That is, I have not been able to make the last page of a "section" different to all the other pages of the same section.

It's my guess that this isn't a difficult problem but the answer has evaded me so far. Is anyone able to assist me?

Regards,

Greg.

macropod
08-29-2012, 04:41 AM
Hi Greg,

You can do this easily enough with a field coded as:
{IF{PAGE}<>{NUMPAGES} "Text to Display"}
or:
{IF{PAGE}<>{SECTIONPAGES} "Text to Display"}
The former is for a document using continuous page numbering across all Sections; the latter is for a document using page numbering only in the last Section.

Note: The field brace pairs (ie '{ }') for the above examples are created in the the document via Ctrl-F9 (Cmd-F9 on a Mac) - you can't simply type them or copy & paste them from this message. You also can't create these fields via the Field insertion dialogue.