PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Using an Access form as a Dialog sheet?

Incognitus
09-06-2012, 03:21 PM
A[nother] quick query.

I want to use a dialog sheet for data input, but I don't want it to be as connected to Excel as it is - I want it to be "outside" of excel, as it where, and capable of things such as being always on top. Most of the features I've been able to use from an Access form.

Is it possible to directly link one active Access form to an Excel Worksheet - in the sense that one text entry box will link directly to an Excel cell, an Access button will trigger an Excel Macro. I know how to do it if the Excel document was closed, but this one must remain open and in use (potentially by multiple users)

Or is there a simpler way with Excel Dialog forms that I just can't find? (Frankly, I'm hoping the answer is the latter!)

snb
09-07-2012, 01:49 AM
You can use a modal userform in Excel.

Incognitus
09-07-2012, 09:51 AM
You can use a modal userform in Excel.

Does this include Excel '03? Because try as I might, and I just find out how to do it, and Google isn't returning any useful results.

Furthermore, whilst we're on the subject, is there anyway to make Pages on Excel Dialog sheets similar to the Access forms, because this is a bit part of what I'm trying to do...

Thanks for any help!

snb
09-07-2012, 01:05 PM
Open the attachment and you'll find an opened userform (Excel 2003)