PDA

View Full Version : MS Outlook 2010 Save Attachment to folder

Imadness
09-12-2012, 04:27 AM
Hello everybody,

I need some help with saving attachments to a folder on my harddrive. Every day I receive emails from my scanner (PDF files). The attachment are customers with a unique number. I have 11 folders on my harddrive and I have to sort out wich attachment has to be saved to one of 11 folders.

Is there a way with VBA that I have a option, command or window that says;

- Where do you want to save your file? (So I need to give a location)

- What name do you want to give your folder? (I have to save the file in on of the 11 folders)

- What name do you want to give your file? (That will be the file in the subfolder of one of the 11 folders)

I know, it sounds crazy, but I have to organize my customers every day.

I hope someone can help me with this... Thank you very much..

Kind regards,

Imad

BrianMH
09-14-2012, 07:46 AM
How do you determine what folder and filename you want? It would be easier if you know in advanced based on certain criteria those details and then you could skip the dialogs. To be honest it seems if you are going through dialogs it is just as quick to right click the attachment and click save as.

JP2112
09-14-2012, 12:44 PM
Please provide an example. At the very least, we need

Email subject
Attachment filename
Name of folder(s)
How you determine where a given file is saved
What happens if you get a PDF for a new customer and you do not have a folder for them

Imadness
09-18-2012, 03:49 AM
Please provide an example. At the very least, we need

Email subject
Attachment filename
Name of folder(s)
How you determine where a given file is saved
What happens if you get a PDF for a new customer and you do not have a folder for them

HelloJP,

Thankyou very much for your reply. The emailsthat I receive from the scanner have always a subject: “SCAN KYOCERA”. The nameof the attachments (PDF) are always “SCAN1542_000.pdf” and off course thenext one will be added with a number further, for example “SCAN1543_000.pdf”.

Therootmap of the subfolders is C:\ECD and in this root I have got 11 maps with:

· 01R… (C:\ECD\01 R…)

· 02H… (C:\ECD\02H…)

· 03E… (C:\ECD\03 E…)

· 04A… (C:\ECD\04 A…)

· 05L… (C:\ECD\05 L..)

· 06D… (C:\ECD\06 D..)

· 07O… (C:\ECD\07 O..)

· 08Z… (C:\ECD\08 Z..)

· 09A… (C:\ECD\09 A..)

· 11H… (C:\ECD\11 H..)

· 12D… (C:\ECD\12 D..)

Atthis moment I have to open each PDF file, check into the PDF which customer itis, what number the customer have and then I have to save it in one of the mapyou see above.

Forexample; I receive a PDF and thecustomer name is “TEST” with customer number “8 21546” I have to save it like;

C:\ECD\08Z...\8 21546\TEST.pdf

Soevery customer I receive from the scanner should be an new map in of thefolders above.

Ihope I am clear enough .. Is this possible to do it with VBA?

Regards,

Imad