PDA

View Full Version : Word VBA Revision Author

matthew29
09-18-2012, 12:47 AM
Is it possible to change the author name for the track changes?

For Example, I have a word document with the track changes enabled and the author has performed some updates over the document. Assume that the author name which gets logged to the revision is "Author A". After that, some other author B updates the document. So the document, contains the updates performed by "Author A" and "Author B".

Now, I(assume as "Author C") wanted to perform updates to the document and the updates done by "Author A" and "Author B" should be tagged as my name, that is "Author C". So is it possible for "Author C"(myself) to change the author names? i tried writing the revision.author property. But it says that the attribute is a "Read only Attribute" and i cannot change this...

Let me know if this is possible by any other means...

Thanks

Frosty
09-18-2012, 09:37 AM
You, as Author C, want to take ownership of Authors A and B changes?

I'm not sure this is possible without doing something like the following steps:
1. Make a copy of the document (call it "Original")
2. Reject all changes by Authors A, B and C and save.
3. Make another copy of the document (call it "Revised")
4. Accept all changes by Authors A, B and C and save.
5. Make sure Author C is the name in your Application info (User Name and Initials)
6. Create a new document, based on the comparison between the two. You may need to merge changes if you're trying to preserve Authors D, E and F changes in the document.

You could, of course, automate this through code... but I'm not sure if an easier way to do the actual process, at the moment.