PDA

View Full Version : Synchronizing Multiple Worksheets

Chatis
09-27-2012, 02:59 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I lean on your expertise to help me with an issue to which there is perhaps no good solution. We have a master job list in Access. We export the master job list which is then used in three different excel workbooks. Each time the master job list in Access is updated we need to update all three of the workbooks (or a tab in theworkbooks). We do this by cutting and pasting the new data into the appropriate tabs.

What I would like to know is if there is a way to export the data from Access and then synchronize all of the spreadsheet tabs in a single operation, say once a day. The three Excel tabs will always synchronize with the master exported from Access.

There has been some discussion about doing everything we need in Access but frankly we don’t have the in-house expertise to develop the program. All the Excel pieces are working.

Any wisdom appreciated.

Thanks,

fmcti
09-27-2012, 07:13 PM
I guess you could link the excel file to the acess table. Open the excel file under the Data tab > From Access ... finished all the steps to connect to the table you need to copy to excel. Do this for all three workbooks.

Then you just click the Refresh button under Data tab and you will always get the latest data from the acess.