PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody help to achieve following tasks?

volabos
10-01-2012, 08:23 AM
Dear all,

Can somebody help me to accomplish following project?
I have 3 excel files, let say "A", "B", "c" is different locations (may be in some different computer in Network). Now I need to create a Macro, which will be run from "A" to do following step:

1. Run that Macro
2. I will be asked to provide the complete locations for "B" and "C"
3. I will give/type those locations
4. Copy all sheets from "B" and append them in "A". When those sheets are pasted in "A" all sheets names will be added with "_New" (like, if "B" has 2 sheets naming "B1" and "B2" then those sheets will be copied to "A" with name "B1_New" and "B2_New"). Also note that, when I copy-paste those sheets all Formulas, Formatting etc. need to be copied.
5. Now I will do some calculations in "A".
6. Also create and save a new file out of "B" with name "B_Today-Date". "B" and "B_Today-Date" will be exactly same clone
7. Save a copy of "A" with a new name in a specified location. Note that my original "A" should not be modified (i.e. I need to apply some "Save as" type command)
8. End

Can somebody help me with the needed codes?
Thanks and regards,

Simon Lloyd
10-01-2012, 05:35 PM
And how far have you got with this yourself? asking us to do a complete project for you isn't what we're about, if you have specific questions on areas you're stuck with we'll gladly help, if you need the entire project building for you then i suggest you hire someone who can dedicate that kind of time and provide all the development and changes you need.