PDA

View Full Version : Windows Explorer Shortcut Link Generator

binar
10-08-2012, 06:37 AM
Fellow Forum Members,
I'm using Window7 and Excel 2007 and I have a folder named FOLDER1 which contains 100 folders named with numbers 1 through 100.

Can anyone help me in coding a VBA script that can batch generate Folder Shortcut Links of all 100 folders contained with FOLDER1 and place each of these 100 Folder Shortcut Links in paths I specify located inside a different folder named FOLDER2.

Below is a general idea of how I envision the VBA scirpt to perform the task:

In Cell E1, I type in the Path of the Folder containing the 100 folders.

When I hit RUN, Excel auto populates Column A with 100 folder names contained within the folder path I specified in Cell E1. (To keep it simple, subfolder levels are not included in the list).

It then refers to the Folder Shortcut Link list in Column B to know what name to apply to the Folder Shortcut Links.

It then refers to the Output Path List in Column C to know where to place each of the auto generated Folder Shortcut Links.

In closing, is a VBA script able to generate Folder Shortcut Links that correctly work within Window Explorer? Also, I used 100 quantity as an example. But in reality it would be cool if no quantity limit existed for the amount of Folder Shortcut Links the script can generate. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. :hi:

Jacob Hilderbrand
10-08-2012, 08:50 AM
Cross Posted

http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170567&p=631745#post631745