PDA

View Full Version : Solved: how to have "Screen message pop up" before background finished processing ?

beginner
07-30-2005, 07:58 AM
hello all....

would like to seek some help here about any method to initiate an "on-screen message" when the VBA's is doing something for over 10 minutes...., then that "on-screen message" close automatically when the VBA processing finished......Thanks a lot.

Not sure if msgbox can achieve this or not, but i got question mark :think: on using msgbox:-

- msgbox need to click the "confirmed" button in order to continue the process, however, i need to have the message pop up only (without need to click button to start the process) and close when the process finished.

Thanks in advance for any helpers.....:hi:

beginner

Cosmos75
07-30-2005, 09:21 AM
You can ;

create a form with a message in a label
use VBA to open it when the code starts
and then to close close it when the code ends or when it exits dur to error handling.
If you want to stop the user from closing it or doing anything else, set it to have a dialog border with no close button and set the pop-up/modal property to true.

beginner
07-31-2005, 08:06 AM
hi Cosmos75, tks for your tips and i believed this could solved my problem. tks!

beginner
07-31-2005, 11:27 AM
hello....my problem seems not 100% gone away, not sure how to make that "message" Form created to be stayed all the time on top of all others background screens which is refreshing on and off ?? tks for any tips....

BR/

xCav8r
08-01-2005, 02:35 PM
Tried setting modal = true?

beginner
08-02-2005, 08:48 PM
hi xCav8r, tks for your help again.! the problem is solved.

xCav8r
08-02-2005, 08:53 PM
Glad to help! :friends: