PDA

View Full Version : Add value, as seconds, to LongDate

paradox34690
10-22-2012, 12:16 AM
Greetings!

I'm working on some VBA for Excel 2003 currently and am having a bugger of a time with something. I'm trying to add the following:

jCell = "09/24/2012 16:42:02"
eCell = "30" which is to represent 30 seconds.

My original equation is:
AnalysisWorkssheet.Range(dCell).Value = AnalysisWorksheet.Range(jCell).Value + Time(0, 0, AnalysisWorksheet.Range(eCell).Value)

dCell = where I need it to go and in this example it should be "09/24/2012 16:42:32"

I'm getting a <Type Mismatch> on the Time() portion, however when in debug mode, when I hover over the 'eCell' portion of the equation it IS showing the desired value that I would like added to "jCell".

Anyone have any thoughts? I've been scouring the internet for several days on this one and have been mainly fruitless....

THANKS!

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Bob Phillips
10-22-2012, 01:22 AM
With AnalysisWorkssheet

.Range(dCell).Value = .Range(jCell).Value + TimeSerial(0, 0, .Range(eCell).Value)
End With

paradox34690
10-22-2012, 07:36 PM
Xld,

Thanks for the pointer, but I'm still not getting the desired results.

Updated Code (disregard If/End If statement):If AnalysisWorksheet.Range(jCell).Value <> AnalysisWorksheet.Range(NextJCell).Value Then
ShowStartTime = AnalysisWorksheet.Range(jCell).Value
AdToStartTime = TimeSerial(0, 0, AnalysisWorksheet.Range(eCell).Value)
AdStartTime = ShowStartTime + AdToStartTime
AnalysisWorkssheet.Range(dCell).Value = AdStartTime
End If

1. The math is correct, however, when attempted to set the value of dCell to be equal to AdStartTime, I now receive an "Object required" error. Debug mode shows the value as correct; albiet, it's not a string, just a Date. Is there a special process that one needs in order to set the value of a cell to this new variable value?

2. Despite the math being correct, the time is being returned in 12hr format; for this project, it must be in 24hr format, no AM/PM distinction. Can this be done?

:dunno

Thanks again! :D

paradox34690
10-22-2012, 07:58 PM
HAHAHAHA!!! I'm an IDIOT!!!

TYPO!!!

AnalysisWorkssheet.Range(dCell).Value = AdStartTime
^ extra 's'

Dur.... hehehehhehehe :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Bob Phillips
10-23-2012, 12:50 AM
If you had used With ... End With as I showed that would have been avoided/obvious.