PDA

View Full Version : Generating Custom Report thru VBA

vajpaca
10-22-2012, 12:48 AM
Hi everyone,

I have been using Excel 2007 and VBA for sometime, I have designed a few excel macros which I use for my work.

I need help in finding a solution to one problem, I am stuck with and unable to find a solution to... which is.....

I have a form containing many images which requires data to be filled before using of the same. I have all the required data in Excel file...

I need to fill 1500 of these forms, which overwise will require manual filling after getting photocopy of the form.

I can scan the form into a PDF/Image file... as may be required.

I need to know is there a way where I can use the scanned image/PDF and overlap data from excel files over it in the background and send the same to printer for printing a filled form.

OR

Can we prepare a custom report in VBA which has the scanned image and data is overlapped there and printed

OR

Can we print the data directly on pre-printed blank forms (by arranging data accordingly)

This would be of great help, if anyone can guide me...

Thanks in advance for your efforts.....

Teeroy
10-27-2012, 12:30 AM
It would be easiest if you could replicate the form in excel but make sure you place the images where no text is required to be filled in as the image overlays the cells. Failing that you could put the form image as a background in a userform with textboxes over it but printing the userform can be tricky.

Kenneth Hobs
10-27-2012, 04:27 AM
I have done that sort of thing in a WordPerfect merge. The scan is set as a watermark. Since you probably don't have WordPerfect, you could try an MSWord mail merge. In MSWord, I would just position the fields with a content text box control.

If you had Adobe Acrobat, you could modify the scanned pdf file and add some fields. That can then be filled by a macro to create and fdf file.