PDA

View Full Version : Click Button to add various controls

snoozee
10-27-2012, 08:20 PM
I'm try to create a Development Plan word document in 2007 were the user can click a button to add text boxes to record relevant details, I'm wanting it to work like this.

The user chooses a development area and then has the ability to click a button to add an action/s. When this button is clicked I need it to add the following - text box for "action", drop down box for "progress" (%), drop down box for "Category" and date picker for "due date".

They would need the ability to add a max of three actions per development area.

Having worked mainly with VBA in excel, the above is driving me nuts as surely it's achievable ??

gmaxey
10-28-2012, 08:03 AM
What defines/delimites the developement areas?

fumei
10-28-2012, 01:33 PM
"They would need the ability to add a max of three actions per development area."

Do you mean three textboxes of actions?

snoozee
10-28-2012, 11:18 PM
Sorry for the confusion the document is set out as follows

The user enters a "development Objective" into a text box
They then add "Actions" on how they are going to achieve this objective, so may have more than one action - max 3
Each "Action" requires a progress % (drop down box), Category (drop down box) and Due Date (date picker)

Was having a think about this today and I could use "Text Box (activeX Control)" rather than plain text boxes - as long as when printed all of the text would be visable :-)