PDA

View Full Version : Data Validation - How to update cells when a name is selected from a Data Validation

movali01
11-14-2012, 09:27 AM
Hi,

I was wondering whether it is possible to see different data depending on the name that is selected in the Data Validation list that I have.

At the moment, I have People's names in the Data Validation list (Cell C4 in the sample sheet attached).

On the same sheet, I have created a table for them to input data (i.e. no of calls taken, no. of complaints etc). If possible I'd like the sheet to show the relevant data for the relevant name chosen in the Data Validation list - i.e at the moment when I select a different name in the Data Validation list, the cells do not change depending on that name. The cells remain as they were previously.

E.g in the sample sheet attached, to see the problem please choose a different name in the data validation list, and you will still see the same numbers. Ideally I'd like the cells to contain different numbers depending on who is chosen from the list.

Appreciate any help whatsoever,
Thanks,
Mo

movali01
11-14-2012, 09:29 AM
The issue lies in that each user will use this sheet to input the data manually into the cells provided, and this data will change depending on what name is chosen from the data validation list.

(Otherwise I could have just used a Lookup/Reference or even a dependant validation tool)