PDA

View Full Version : Pop Up Message On Conditional Format Criteria

hobbiton73
11-18-2012, 07:50 AM
Hi, I wonder whether somone may be able to help me please.

I'm using the attached spreadsheet to monitor staff resource across the financial year.

As you will see there are three separate entries currently in the spreadsheet, with the users name in column A and the Resoure Forecast under each month in columns B:M.

If you filter by the name, and select 'Chris', you will see that in columns B2 and I2, the cell shading has turned yellow with red font. This is to signify that the number of 'Forecast' days is greater than the number of 'Working Days' for these months.

To activate this Conditional Formatting I'm using the following formula:

=AND(SUBTOTAL(3,$A$6:$A$1000)<>COUNTIF($A$6:$A$1000,"*"),SUBTOTAL(9,B$6:B$1000)>B$4) obviously changing the 'B' value to match the column pertient to each month.

What I'd now like to be able to do is to extend this a little further by adding a pop up message that says 'Warning, overforecast' if any of the cells in row 2 columns B:M matches this Conditional Format.

I've managed to do this with the Data Validation, but I don't want to have to depend on the user to select the cell to receive the message.

I just wondered whether someone could possibly look at this please and provide some guidance on how I may go about adding the pop up message.

Many thanks and kind regards