PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Copy Selected Data to New Worksheet

jo15765
11-20-2012, 06:49 AM
In Excel I am importing a SQL Stored Procedure to sheet one and using vba to filter:

Selection.AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:="EmployeeNames"
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=5, Criteria1:="StillActive"
Sheets.Add.Name = "Still Active Employee"

Now the predicament I have is that need to copy Column A from the SQL Stored procedure (Sheet1) to Column B starting in Row 4 going down, then copy (again Sheet1) Column D to Column G to Still Active Employee sheet. And also, any records from Sheet1 that are flagged as 'Yes' in Column C need to be highlighted in Yellow on Still Active.

I have been scratching my head for 3 days now trying to tackle this!! Guidance please?!

Teeroy
11-22-2012, 03:47 AM
Hi jo15765,

Guidance as requested (rather than detail). Because you have autofiltered and only want the shown items you need to use something like

Range.specialcells(xlCellTypeVisible).copy destination:=sheets("Still Active Employee").Range For the highlight I'd copy Cols C-G (ie take the yes as well) in the same manner. In the copy loop through the rows with a range object and if there's a yes in the col then set
range.entirerow.interior.colorindex=6
If you want more coding detail let me know.

jo15765
11-27-2012, 04:26 PM
Perfect, those snippets were the guiding lite I needed to accomplish what I was after. Thank you!

Teeroy
11-27-2012, 09:04 PM
You are welcome.