PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Send To From a report "Access 2000"

GaryB
08-02-2005, 02:03 PM
Hi,

In a report: the file / send to / mail recipient seems to have limited choices. What I am looking to do is to be able have the report attached to an email as a pdf file. I am using Outlook Express. Has anyone run into this problem and come up with a solultion?

Any help, as always, is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gary

xCav8r
08-02-2005, 02:10 PM
AFAIK, SendObject only supports output in html, xls, txt, rtf, and xml formats. My suggestion would have been to print to pdf then send as an attachment with Outlook, but you're using Express.

GaryB
08-02-2005, 02:14 PM
Hi,
Basically that's what we are doing. I print it as a pdf, open outlook and attach the pdf file. I was looking for a way to eliminate a couple of steps. Sounds like that isn't gong to happen. Not a major problem.

Thanks

Gary

xCav8r
08-02-2005, 02:18 PM
Since $$$ grows on trees, just buy Outlook and automate! :rotlaugh:

GaryB
08-03-2005, 06:14 AM
Unfortunately, not my decision.

Gary

GaryB
08-03-2005, 10:29 AM
Kind of solved this in a way. If you have a printer set up to print pdf's, you can print a report as a pdf and Adobe Acrobat will automatically open with the pdf showing. Acrobat as a " send mail" under File. It will do the same thing as the "Send to" under file in Access, except it has attached the report as pdf and all you have to do is type in the email address and any comments you want to make.

Gary