PDA

View Full Version : Finding words in any workbook, worksheet and cell located

k0st4din
11-27-2012, 11:23 AM
Hello to all the great minds!I have the following query after a long search found some things, but not exactly what I need. I have 25 workbooks with worksheets 8-10. The tables are all quite large. So I found a few macros that do not help me to get the following:For example: open excel spreadsheet with macro example (book1) and a button to retrieve it (activated) - This workbook is the folder with all the other workbooks, start looking for the word "cucumber" and starts the macro to search all workbooks, worksheets and cells. Then in (book1) as in column A:A to I display exactly what workbook and worksheet which cell is the word or words.
Example:
C:\Users\Nevi_\Desktop\trii\[Book1.xls]Sheet1Book4455.xls
Sheet8;E34;G2;B12
Sheet2;A2;b23;AC98
Book12.xls
Which Sheet;Which Cells
Which Sheet;Which Cells
dasds.xls
Which Sheet;Which Cells
Which Sheet;Which Cells
Book124554.xls
Which Sheet;Which Cells
Which Sheet;Which Cells
Bookvsdsdsd.xls
Which Sheet;Which Cells
Which Sheet;Which Cells
Which Sheet;Which Cells
Which Sheet;Which Cells
Which Sheet;Which Cells
Which Sheet;Which Cells
Which Sheet;Which Cell
scucu.xls
Which Sheet;Which Cells
Which Sheet;Which Cells
and next one
and next one
and next one
and next one

Jan Karel Pieterse
11-28-2012, 01:26 AM
If you open all workbooks, you could use my Flexfind utility to do this, it has a report button that comes close to what you describe:
www.jkp-ads.com/officemarketplaceff-en.asp (http://www.jkp-ads.com/officemarketplaceff-en.asp)

k0st4din
11-28-2012, 02:08 AM
Thanks a lot buddy.
But I have one question:
However, we want to make a macro for this task, because I find too many articles, but always somewhere something is missing and I had to make a special case.
Thank you so much once more.