PDA

View Full Version : Ribbon Menu Controls in Word 2010 Using Greg Maxey's Demo

clhare
12-05-2012, 08:42 AM
I downloaded Greg Maxey's "Menu Control Demonstration.dotm" in Word 2010 and have 2 questions...

"Word 2003 UI" tab
In Greg's post, the graphic image of his ribbon shows the toolbar buttons in separate groups (and they are in buttonGroups in the Custom UI Editor). But when I view the tab in Word 2010, there are no groups--the toolbar buttons are just one after the other. Is that because I am using 2010 vs. 2007? Would I need to put each button group into a box instead in 2010 to separate them?

"Menu Control Demo" tab
In the "Macro Call Menu" group and the "Macro Call SplitButtons 1 and 2" group, the dropdown menus include both the name and a description of the built-in macros on the menu. I was able to create a dropdown menu for my custom macros, but I can't figure out how to get a brief description to appear below the menu item (rather than using a screentip). Is that possible to do with custom macros or does it only work for built-in macros?

Bob Phillips
12-15-2012, 09:46 AM
Can you post a link to the file so that we can check it out?

clhare
12-17-2012, 07:07 AM
Greg's demo is linked near the top of the page as "Menu Control Demonstration" at http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tip_pages/ribbon_menu_control.html.

Bob Phillips
12-17-2012, 04:28 PM
First point: it looks the same for me as it does for Greg and I am using Word 2010.

Second point: he is using the getDescription callback to populate them.