PDA

View Full Version : Help needed to insert stock replies from either template or Word

Labrat407
12-13-2012, 12:45 PM
Hello,
First off thanks to everyone here for all the passive assistnace I have recieved by finding the solutions on this site. :thumb

Our work area has 2 different workstreams, for my current area I have created a button on the Ribon that opens a User form with several tabs and a few buttons to populate our replies to the client with the Subject and email address customized and all attachments. The Body of the replies are hard coded in the macro as strings. Since the replies are standard and do not change this works well.

For the other group the number and variety of replies makes the hard coding in a macro not the best possible option, as the replies change frequently.
We looked at using Quick Parts, but again it is unwieldy with so many options, text updating is also time consuming. I did not have very good sucess importing Quick Parts.
The best options that I have thought about is either have the data pulled from our master Word document or from a oft template file for each option. this would make the updating easier.
The ability to keep the format of imported text is important.

I am able to do most of the coding for the basics, I am looking for suggestions on how to best accomplish the import. I would also consider options to build a macro on Word to export a section of text (possibly by table of contents heading) into the currently active email.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.