PDA

View Full Version : Pivot Table Help!

doctortt
12-20-2012, 03:44 PM
I know that this question is not VBA or formula related, but I think you guys are expert in Excel who can help out on this.

Here is the data

Column A | Column B |
--------------------------
IPP | Utilities |
--------------------------

Column A is buyer and Column B is seller. I want to use these two columns as Report Filter in Pivot table, and I want to see whether there is a way to have one filter that will show both "IPP" and "Utilities" rather than two filters, one for each.

Paul_Hossler
12-20-2012, 06:35 PM
You could make a helper column and use that in the PT

C2=A2&"--"&B2

and then use col C as the filter

Paul

doctortt
12-21-2012, 08:07 AM
Thanks for the reply. But, this doesn't do what I'm looking for.

The new column shows "IPP--Utilities" However, when I use this column as a filter on the pivot table, it doesn't break down these two items but is rather shown as "IPP--Utilities"

Paul_Hossler
12-21-2012, 09:04 AM
Maybe an example will help, with a small amount of data and what you're looking to get

Paul

doctortt
12-21-2012, 09:35 AM
Hi there, I attached a sample. If you look at sheet one, I basically want to combine both "buyer category" and "seller category" since each of the entries in the data table is either IPP, Utility, or financial investor. So, there is really no need to have two seperate filters.

Paul_Hossler
12-21-2012, 02:00 PM
1. Utility is in both
2. I don't see any data, e.g. Sales$, date, etc.
3. Are you sure that you need a PT for this? It seems like regular Sort/Filter would work
4. You have 2 seperate PT filters because you have 2 dimensional data:
Name and (Buyer/Seller)

Paul