PDA

View Full Version : Assistance required with Excel Userforms (VBA)

gjeess
12-30-2012, 07:36 PM
Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone could help me with a project i am trying to achieve - I'm finally realising how incompetent I am with VBA!

I am trying to develop a tracking tool for data requests we receive.

The tracking tool will consist of 3 Userforms:

frmEntry: Asks the user what they want to do today i.e. add a new data request (2), or update and existing data request (3).
frmNew: Asks the user for details of the new data request.
frmUpdate: Asks the user to enter details of any updates.I had some help from a wonderful person with the frmNew userform, however, since Excel is his bread and butter (so to speak) I didn't want to push the friendship.:friends:

So, I am wondering whether anyone is willing to help me with some pieces to my little project - please.

The next tricky bit for me is to take the entered unique identifier from the frmNew userform and when OK is clicked the frmUpdate userform is automatically opened with the unique identifier at the top of the form, and the existing comments in the Comments text box.

It would be excellent if an auto date/time could be added to the comments box when a user has updated details.

Attched is the spreadsheet I am working on, so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

If you need more information either leave a message here or contact me at gjeess@tpg.com.au.

thank you very much if you can help.

regards

Graeme

Bob Phillips
01-01-2013, 06:11 PM
I can't see how frmUpdate is invoked. I added an entry in frmNew, then input that number in frmEntry, but no form came up.

You have the New form coming up when the add option is selected, so what is the okay button for?

gjeess
01-01-2013, 07:43 PM
I can't see how frmUpdate is invoked. I added an entry in frmNew, then input that number in frmEntry, but no form came up.

You have the New form coming up when the add option is selected, so what is the okay button for?

Hi

I was figuring that once a person enters a unique identifier in the DR text box then clicks the OK button the proposed coding would search the spreadsheet (column B) for the unique identifier then load frmUpdate form with the most recent relevant information. I'm not sure whethr my idea would work.

thanks
Graeme