PDA

View Full Version : Solved: change printer setting

Ger
01-07-2013, 07:08 AM
Hello,

is it possible to change the printer settings using vba?
The problem is that the printers by default print both sides and black en white.
If i want to print a spreadsheet with more than 1 sheet i have to change each sheet manualy to print singlesided and in color.

Also the macro seems not to work for setting the print to 1 page.

Sub MACRO1()
Application.PrintCommunication = True
For i = 1 To Sheets.Count
Sheets(i).PageSetup.PrintArea = "$a$1:$o$21"
Sheets(i).PageSetup.FitToPagesTall = 1
Sheets(i).PageSetup.FitToPagesWide = 1
Sheets(i).PageSetup.BlackAndWhite = False
Next
End Sub

Ger

Jan Karel Pieterse
01-07-2013, 07:11 AM
The easiest thing to do to handle this is to add a new printer to *Windows*, which you set to the default print settings you like. Then when you want to print using those settings, you just choose that printer from the list of available printers.

Ger
01-07-2013, 07:29 AM
I was forgotten to say that i work in a network. It is not possible to add a printer that is not in the network.

Ger

Jan Karel Pieterse
01-07-2013, 07:43 AM
Of course not, but the printer is already installed and hence also in the network. Now install that SAME printer again, but give it a new name. Then change the default settings of that new printer.

Ger
01-07-2013, 07:53 AM
Of course not, but the printer is already installed and hence also in the network. Now install that SAME printer again, but give it a new name. Then change the default settings of that new printer.

Just tried. It is not possible to change the name of the printer. it is possible to change the settings but every night the settings are set to default.

Jan Karel Pieterse
01-08-2013, 12:42 AM
I guess you need some help from IT to do what you need then.