PDA

View Full Version : Reference To Normal in VBA Project Window

mpdsal
01-09-2013, 02:42 PM
I am using Word 2010. I have a template containing macros that is stored in an Office Trusted site (network share). When I call up files that were created using the template I can see under the file name within the VBA Project window - Reference to templatename. However I have one file where it says Reference To Normal instead of Reference to template name and my ribbon short cuts to run the macros and of course the macros are not visible.

Is there a way to change this reference? I attached a picture of what it looks like. I hope you can see it as a picture is worth a thousand words.

Thanks

Frosty
01-10-2013, 10:43 AM
You just lost the .AttachedTemplate property of that particular document. Forget the VBA window, in Word 2010, do the following (1 of 2 options):

Option 1:
1. Right-Click the ribbon
2. Choose Customize Ribbon
3. Click the check box to display the Developer Tab
4. Click the Developer Tab
5. Click the Document Templates button (all the way to the right edge) to display the Templates And Addins dialog (clicking the "Addins" button in the Add-Ins group also accomplishes this).
6. Click the Attach button and navigate to the document you want to show.

Option 2:
1. File > Options > Add-ins
2. Click the drop down and select either "Word Add-ins" or "Templates"
3. Press the Go button to show the Templates and Addins dialog
4. Click the Attach button and navigate to the document template you want to attach to.

mpdsal
01-11-2013, 08:05 AM
Worked like a charm. Thank you so much!