PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Update summery cells using indirect function

oxicottin
01-10-2013, 12:27 PM
Hello, the workbook is an attendance workbook that displays a yearly calendar for each year below the froze pane and the "Summery" section would be the section that I need to sum cells from the year selected.

If you select a year it brings that years calendar to the bottom of the frozen pane but I cant figure out how to use the indirect function to coordinate with the year selected and the year calendar that is brought up. The formulas in the "Summery" section is formulas based on the 2013 calendar so you know what Im looking to do. There is a formula next to each colored square in the legend to calculate how many time a text was used ect.

:dunno
I have been reading about the (indirect function) but cant seem to grasp the concept of how to incorporate it so it shows data for each year selected.

Thanks!

oxicottin
01-11-2013, 04:42 AM
I figured it out....

Unless someone has an lesser of a formula, this is the format im using!

=COUNTIF(INDIRECT("fqtr_"&J2),"EA")+COUNTIF(INDIRECT("fqtr_"&J2),"UA")+COUNTIF(INDIRECT("fqtr_"&J2),"ET")+COUNTIF(INDIRECT("fqtr_"&J2),"UT")+COUNTIF(INDIRECT("fqtr_"&J2),"LE")+COUNTIF(INDIRECT("fqtr_"&J2),"DL")