PDA

View Full Version : Deduct Partial Vacation Hours Taken from a Date or Date Range

Kimston
01-18-2013, 09:34 PM
I’ve created an excel file where I can track vacation days or vacation hours taken by an employee. However, I’d like to know if there is a way to deduct partial hours taken by an employee from a specific date or date range excluding weekends and holidays. For instance an employee may opt to take 4 hours of vacation instead of the 8 hours. In the Accrual Balance and Vacation Records Excel file, there is a tab named “Vacation_Records” in which contains a column named “HoursTaken”. I'm able to count days taken by an employee from a date or date range excluding weekends and holidays, but is there a formula to simply deduct partial hours?
Right now the only way I can deduct hours in HoursTaken column would be by typing the value. Since I have not received any responses in another forum, I decided to post it here.
Again thank you very much for your time and dedication.

Aussiebear
01-20-2013, 12:33 AM
What is stopping you from entering in .5 in column E for the 4 hours

Kimston
01-20-2013, 08:47 AM
The problem with that Mr. Aussiebear is that the person who's going to be using this workbook enters .5 in column E, the formula will get out sequence and she does not have the knowlege to correct it. For me, entering .5 for 4 hours is the solution to this problem. However, I thought that it could be another way of getting this task accomplish.
Any thank you very much for your time to look at my thread. vbmenu_register("postmenu_284141", true);

Aussiebear
01-21-2013, 04:36 AM
Well since you need to maintain the formula for a value smaller than 1 ( as in part days rather than days), I'd suggest you amend the Start and end dates for the holidays to include a time component as well as the date.

Kimston
01-21-2013, 08:24 AM
Can you give me an ideal how I should go on doing this? Thank you Mr. Aussiebear. vbmenu_register("postmenu_284185", true);