PDA

View Full Version : Need way to invoke macro at a different workbook the current

macro_man
01-25-2013, 03:33 PM
I have a workbook (we will call it workbook 2) that contains a report that is on a company network drive, viewed by various supervisors in the plant. I use a macro in another workbook (we will call it workbook 1) that updates information to workbook 2.

What I need is a way to invoke a macro located at workbook 2 after the macro at workbook 1 is completed (has updated the report at workbook 2). This cannot be an autorun macro because if the supervisors open the file I do not want the macro to run.

I'm looking for something simple that will tie macros together, located in different workbooks.

Thanks very much in advance for any assistance.

domfootwear
01-25-2013, 10:43 PM
I have a workbook (we will call it workbook 2) that contains a report that is on a company network drive, viewed by various supervisors in the plant. I use a macro in another workbook (we will call it workbook 1) that updates information to workbook 2.

What I need is a way to invoke a macro located at workbook 2 after the macro at workbook 1 is completed (has updated the report at workbook 2). This cannot be an autorun macro because if the supervisors open the file I do not want the macro to run.

I'm looking for something simple that will tie macros together, located in different workbooks.

Thanks very much in advance for any assistance.
You can check below links
http://www.rondebruin.nl/applicationrun.htm

macro_man
01-31-2013, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the information. I found a section of code that worked perfectly. Now I need to add one feature to the macro code: Before the file is emailed it needs to have the current date (or the date that the email is sent) placed into the subject line along with the workbook name. This file (workbook 2) will be updated daily so will change daily and be emailed daily.

Is this possible?